What is an EMV?
EMV stands for (Europay, MasterCard® and VISA®) and is the new global standard for cards equipped with computer chips and technology used to more securely authenticate chip-card transactions.
Why is Plaza Bank migrating to EMV chip enabled cards?
All major US credit card vendors have implemented this change and Plaza Bank wants to ensure we are providing the strongest technology to protect our clients.
What makes the chip card more secure?
The chip card technology makes it more challenging for your card to be copied or counterfeited and then used at chip-enabled terminals, due to a unique code which is generated for each transaction.
What is changing for me as the client with my debit card?
- If you currently have a MasterCard® debit card your current limits, card number and PIN will remain the same. You will get a new card with an updated expiration date. Once you receive your card, please update any automatic debits you have set up with your current vendors to ensure there is no interruption to your scheduled payments.
- If you currently have a VISA® debit card your current limits will remain the same; however, your card number, PIN and expiration date will be changing as Plaza Bank has migrated to MasterCard®. Once you receive your new MasterCard® debit card, please update any automatic debits you have set up with your current vendors to ensure there is no interruption in your scheduled payments.
When will I be receiving my new card?
Plaza Bank will be reissuing cards over the next several months. Please ensure you follow the card mailer instructions on how to activate your new EMV chip-card immediately and properly destroy your old card.
Where can I use my card?
In addition to using your card at chip-enabled terminals, your card has a magnetic stripe allowing you to use it at retailers who do not yet have chip-enabled terminals.
Who do I contact if my card doesn’t work or is stolen or compromised?
During business hours of 7:30 AM – 6:00 PM PST you may call our Client Services Center at (877) 714-9599 and after hours you may call our 24-hour support at (800) 236-2442.
How do I activate or change my PIN if I don’t have my card mailer instructions?
You can change your PIN at any of our ATMs, which you can locate on our website at www.plazabank.com or by contacting our 24/7 Automated Telephone Banking line at (866) 809-7449.
Important Safety Tips When Using an ATM/POS Terminal
- Be aware of your surroundings and look for well-lit ATMs.
- Have your transactions ready. Sign checks and total your deposits before approaching an ATM.
- Stand close to the terminal so that someone near you cannot see your PIN.
- Immediately put your cash in your wallet or purse. Count it while in the safety of your home.
- Have your card in-hand before leaving your car and approaching an ATM.
- Do not use the ATM if you notice anything suspicious in the area.
- When possible, have another person with you when you use an ATM.
- If, while transacting business at an ATM, you notice anything suspicious, cancel the transaction and put your ATM card away immediately.
- Do not share your card number or PIN with anyone.
- Do not write your PIN on your card or keep your PIN in the same location as your card.
- Do not use a PIN that could be easily identified, such as your birth date, 1111 or 9999.
- Report all crimes to the ATM owner or operator, Plaza Bank and local law enforcement officials.
Questions? Contact Us.
Contact our Client Services Center at email@example.com or (877) 714-9599 or stop by your local branch or call your branch representative